Friday, July 22, 2005

Interview

1) If you could have coffee with one famous person, who would it be?

I would have to say Hemingway. I would love to get to know the depressed mindset of this famous author.

2) Which other country would you most like to live in?

Japan. I loved how everything was when I visited there. The culture is so refreshingly different. Everything is so laid back.

3) What song reminds you of a person from your past you'd like to see again?

There are a lot of songs that reminds me of the past, like Cypress Hill’s Insane in the brain, SWV’s Weak and scores of love songs from back in the days. But that’s history I am not interested in re-visiting.

I guess the one song I would have to say is Vitamin C’s Graduation. This song came out years after I graduated. But the lyrics always reminded me of Jen B. We have known each other for 16 years now. We hung around different crowds of people and did different things. We always managed to get together and shoot the bulls. After high school, we occasionally get together, but our very different priority pulled us further apart. She went off to the Air Force and got back about a year ago. She still to this day calls me Kuya (Tagalog for brother) and her mother treats me like the son that she never had. Funny thing about timing. I just saw her this weekend, to help her install a car stereo… I think I need to go out with her more and catch up with her.

4) What's your favorite time of day, and, of course, why?

My favorite time of the day is 7pm – 9pm and 4:30am – 7:00am or any other time I get to go to sleep… sleep is an ultra-rare commodity my life.

5) What are the best and worst things about living in San Francisco?

I love the fog. I used to drive 400+ miles a day.. and every evening when I come home, seeing the fog-covered Golden Gate Bridge is the city’s way of welcoming me back home. I also love the weather here. Not too hot, not too cold. But the last few years we have had some super hot and super cold days…

One of worst thing about San Francisco is the reputation and it’s denizens. Like I mentioned, I like the cool weather here. But every time it gets ultra hot, people would say how great the weather is… and I would always respond with, if I wanted hot weather, I would have moved to L.A. These same people would complain about the heat the very next day.

Don’t get me started on the forty-whiner and the Gaints fans… They are think they are so much “classier” than others…

This city has a reputation for being the melting pot, for being so diverse. Truth is like everywhere else, people are only nice to you if you think along the same way they do.

I also hate the reputation that the city has for being so liberal. I hate extremists and that is what San Francisco has become in the recent years. We are like the Berkeley of the 60’s. Anti-War protest. Critical Mass, there is like a rally every month. It’s like people here believe it is ok to be a nuisance.

so... if you want to be interviewed by me, follow these little instructions:
1. leave a comment below saying "interview me."
2. I will then ask you five questions, each person's will be different.
3. you update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.
4. you include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. then, when others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions and on, and on, and...

1 Comments:

Blogger ramblin' girl said...

interesting answers! a friend just got back from Japan and he thought it was raelly cool there too.

1:18 PM, July 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home