Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Getting in the wrong side of the bed

Ever had one of those days, that before you were even awake, bad shit just started happening? Well it’s one of those fuckin’ days…

A movie that I tried to “backup” (for emergency purposes) did not have any sound on it when I checked it this morning… I probably picked the wrong audio track. (Whoever knew that my DVD player doesn’t play DTS? WTF is DTS anyways? Why can’t companies agree on one standard…)

My left forearm is bugging the shit out of me… I have this radiating pain from the inside of my forearm. Like right between my Ulna and Radius. The worst part isn’t the pain. It’s the pulsating that comes sporadically. Feels like an alien popping out of Sigourney. Only in my arm…

When I came into work today, both the front desk person and the file clerk call in sick… they both have keys that open up to the back office, where I work. So I was stuck outside for a good 20 minutes, before we got the key to go inside. But that set of keys doesn’t open the other rooms, so a few doctors I work with keeps coming over to ask if we had the key to open the doors…

After my manager arrived, she got everything opened and all seems to be right… a doctor came in and asked if we had a tuning fork. WTF. They give you that shit, not me... Look, you overpaid piece of shit, I am an administer! A tuning fork to me is about as useful as a third-party check at Burger King. Why the fuck would I have a tuning fork. I am going to go up to you one day and ask if you have a typewriter. Dumb shit

My other manager called and asked me to relay a message to my manager. But because the file clerk wasn’t around and a screw-up by the front desk staff, I was running around like a headless chicken getting records together. I forgot to relay that message. My manager was waiting for her to come in to start a meeting. Well, shit hit the fan and it was not pretty.

Now that I think about it… I think it started when I came home from my roughneck job last night. I walk into the backyard, in pitch darkness and see a bright white stripe, 6 feet in front of me and up a few steps (So it’s right about my waist level). The white stripe slowly raises and then it dawned on me that it was a skunk. Probably the same damn skunk that skunked my dog *three* times in the past! I stared it down, wanting to show him that I am the lord of my castle and the yards adjacent to it. How dare he trespass on my land and dare to threaten me.. in MY home…

Then I realize that it wasn’t going to budge and I will probably get skunked. So I closed the door and went up the front. Bastard…

5 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth Spraitz said...

dood those are the worst days ever. if it isn't one thing, it's something else. everything else just goes downhill once you wake up (or go to bed for that matter) with crappy things happening. i hope your day gets better.

12:35 PM, August 17, 2005  
Blogger Shananigans said...

Dude, I'm having one of those weeks. I want to go home and get in bed and snuggle with the dog and go to sleep until things are ready to start going *RIGHT*. Oh well, this too shall pass.

2:00 PM, August 17, 2005  
Blogger Sholl Poly said...

Yeah I had a bad day as well. Turns out I got Hepatitus B.

6:24 PM, August 17, 2005  
Blogger Beans said...

My foot is asleep.
The grease from my taco this morning leaked onto my white cropped pants. (Im so Mexican.)
My hair looks lopsided.
My foot is still asleep.
Im having a bad day too, dont worry, it happens to the best of us.

8:48 AM, August 19, 2005  
Blogger Aarwenn said...

I'm not particularly having a bad day, but I woke up in a very fowl mood Saturday morning, insulted TheBoy, and burst into tears. I still don't think he's forgiven me...

12:24 PM, August 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home