Friday, May 27, 2005

?My? mind's playing tricks on ?me?

You know, something weird happened to me this morning. I was on my way to work, having a conversation with someone. But the conversation suddenly became an argument, because we were debating about what was said to each other, less than 5 minutes ago.

Now this rant isn’t about who is right (maybe just a tiny little). What is so weird about it is that I keep replaying the conversation back in my head and I am convinced that I did not say what she said I said. Nothing even remotely close… I am willing to bet my life on it.. That’s how sure I am of it.

But practicing my empathy, I am willing to bet that she would say the exact same thing. That she is positive I said what she said I said. Exactly the way she remembered.. and that she is willing to bet her life on it.

And despite being in this superbly technologically advanced world, we can’t just press rewind and review what happened.. I know I am not nuts.. or am I.. I really want to know what happened here..

and more importantly..

Who’s right?

4 Comments:

Blogger The World Against Me said...

I mean.. could that really happen.. that 2 people's memory of 1 event conflicts, but they both swear it's the fact? It's not even Selective memory, it's like Fantasy memory... we are making up our reality...

Damn you Morpheus!

10:28 AM, May 27, 2005  
Blogger The World Against Me said...

just imagine.. there will never be any misunderstand.. no longer will we have the "I didn't say that!" Argument. Of course.. no longer can you promise something and not do it..

11:07 AM, May 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No one has to be right.

10:20 AM, May 28, 2005  
Blogger Aarwenn said...

That "anonymous" person is retarded and Not Being A Good Sport in this discussion. Because of COURSE someone has to be right! And it's ME, ME, ME!

You could just carry around a digital voice recorder. If people look at you funny, say you're an aspiring journalist. It worked for Jeff Gannon/Guckert. Maybe you'll get a White House Press Pass!

8:34 AM, June 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home