Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Omen?

I have never given much thought to omens and the stars, superstitions and karma. I always figured that events and our future are all products of our previous actions; we make it and break it with our own decisions. But the strangest thing happened to me last night. Which some may consider as “bad omens”.

Last night, I took a bottle of black cherry soda from the fridge. Shoved it in my big oversized jacket, and went to the computer to check some stuff before I head off to my night job. As I stood up to leave, the bottle fell out of my pocket and crashed to the floor, cracking it. I quickly cleaned it up and left for work. I have one of the oversize jackets. The pocket are the top loading type, and VERY deep. But shit happens right…

I was let off work early last night, and when I opened the garage door, there was a huge mess on the floor. The bucket I use to go fishing with fell from a ledge on the wall, and a bottle of beer that was inside cracked open, much the same way as the soda. The bucket (with all the stuff inside) is fairly heavy, and was sitting on a made-shift ledge on the side of the garage. The ledge is wide enough to hold the bucket. It wasn’t particularly windy last night nor was there any report earthquake.

WTF…?

3 Comments:

Blogger ramblin' girl said...

weird things come in threes, watch out for the next falling liquid container.

and thanks for helping with the Twin Peaks thing, that's it!

10:27 AM, June 21, 2005  
Blogger The World Against Me said...

I just hope the next liquid container is not a water tower or something.

Don't trip. Your pictures are beautiful. You should post more of them ^_^

11:39 AM, June 21, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had two cups fall and break in the last week for no reason. The first one was a glass I didn't care for. I even said, "At least it was a glass I didn't care about." The second one WAS a glass a cared about.

My house is haunted. They've knocked glasses down, hid things, knocked on my bathroom door (while I was in it!), opened my drawer.

So! those fuckers heard me and broke one of my favorite mugs!

Bastards.

Maybe your house is haunted. A very big possibility.

11:40 AM, June 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home