Monday, June 06, 2005

Double *Clunk*

(coming to a Seinfeld episode near you)

On my way to work today, my wife and I detoured to dropped off some netflix movie. And something occurred to me.. She didn’t Double *Clunk*.

*in Jerry’s voice* What do you mean she didn’t Double Clunk!!

When I was young, many many moons ago. I was taught to send a letter, you:

1) open the lid
2) drop the mail in
3) close the lid
4) re-open the lid to make sure that it dropped down
5) close the lid

and it would sound something like this *Squeeeeeeak* *Clunk* *Squeeeeeeak* *Clunk*

So she dropped my movies in the box, she didn’t Double Clunk. How am I suppose to know the mail actually dropped.. What if it’s stuck cause the mail box is overfilled.. What if the glue from the envelope somehow interacted with the moisture inside the lid and instantaneously, dried from the advance Moist-Away™ glue, and is waiting for the next person to come and steal my movie.

Wait a second.. When did I become such a worry wart? But we will worry about that later, we have a mailbox dilemma.

So I told her about the Double Clunk and she looked at me as if I was crazy. But to satisfy my newly acquired minuscule Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, she went back to check the box, which of course shows the movies had gone down.

Then the conversation has gone to how many people actually Double Clunk. I am willing to bet a whole damn lot.

So let’s start a survey, a very informal one.. Ask your friends, you family, your pets, you co-workers.. ask them if they Double Clunk.. I am willing to bet it is a LOT!

8 Comments:

Blogger Aarwenn said...

I double clunk!!!!

Not to the extent that Sally does in When Harry Met Sally, where she double clunks each letter individually, which is just psycho. But I do double-clunk. And my mother did, and my grandmother before her.

1:29 PM, June 06, 2005  
Blogger Aarwenn said...

In addition, I'm so proud to be linked on your blog. I'm linking to you, too.

1:32 PM, June 06, 2005  
Blogger The World Against Me said...

Woot! You rock! =)

1:36 PM, June 06, 2005  
Blogger "B" is for Bri said...

Of course I double clunk! I thought everyone did, in fact I thought there was an unspoken rule about double clunking. You're definitely not crazy. However, you might want to get that OCD checked out...I hear they have medicine for that nowadays!

1:41 PM, June 06, 2005  
Blogger The World Against Me said...

I invented Double Clunk.. you guys are going to be my witnesses.. it's a TWAM original!

2:51 PM, June 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your site would be a lot cooler if you had some music in the background.
May i suggest www.iwebtunes.com?

3:08 PM, June 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap!!! People don't double clunk??? What has the world come to...

3:51 PM, June 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I double-clunk, as did my mother and her mother before her. I did an informal poll of my friends - five yes, one no.

4:56 PM, June 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home