Friday, August 26, 2005

Step by Step

All of us were born with a “blank” mind, with the very basic knowledge that is necessary for us to survive (ie. We know when we need food and sleep. Biologically, we know when we need sleep and when we need to do our deeds). As we grow up, we acquire skills that will help us through our life. But we don’t just learn to be a nuclear physicist or a brain surgeon. We must have the proper and most importantly, a clear understanding of the basics and other subsequent knowledge in order for us to understand exactly what the Mössbauer effect or a craniotomy is.

So my white-collar-job (WCJ) sent me to training on Monday. It was a very simple computer class. To be honest, I knew everything the instructor was talking about. Why was I sent to training? Because of new duties that were assigned to me and quite frankly, who would pass up the opportunity to have a “day off” from work?

There were 11 people in the class and a couple of the “classmate” kept asking stupid questions. I mean basic windows shit: opening a folder, creating a shortcut, saving over a file, saving as a different filename, refreshing the browser…

Don’t get me wrong, I understand different people has different skill sets, but man… shouldn’t you have some basic knowledge of computers before you take a computer class? I mean, I don’t know how to sing, you are not going to see me in a choir class anytime soon.

Do these people NOT understand by having them in the class, the slow down the progress of entire class? I mean, can these people be anymore selfish.

This is also evident in our public school system. I personally hate the “no child left behind” ideal. And there have been talks about abandoning the letter grade system. Because the kid’s feeling might get hurt. They even talked about not using red pens to grade tests.. are you fuckin kidding me? So…the entire K thru 12 educations is going to be one giant “Pass/Fail” system. What the hell is going to happen to people when they are about to take the SAT? MCAT? LSAT? I can see it now, let me put this in a political correct way:

Mr. Anderson, You passed your SAT. Our scoreless system has determined that you can enter your local community college, but you are not quite ready to go to Yale.

Mr. Anderson, You passed you LSAT. But base on the evaluation of the scoreless test, you are not well suited to be a lawyer, but you have been accepted to Yale, as the janitor.

I mean give me a break... Fuck political correctness.

And to the bitch who didn’t know how to open up notepad, stay the fuck out of my computer class, and I will stay the hell out of your bingo parlor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home