Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Responsed to Shananigans

Busy busy busy. Haven’t had much time to blog. But have so much to share.

Power out and crazy lady at Walgreens
My back going out and job promotions
Baseball game
Friend’s dilemma

I will get to those this week or early next week. But first I would like to respond to Shananigans’ response to my previous post.

I don’t regret voting for Bush. I have learned long ago that regretting is useless. It’s over, the “should have”s and “could have”s are no longer an option and dwelling on it is really pointless. We can just learn from what we have done and do it differently next time and hope for a different result.

I am not a party extremist nor do I like to be labeled. Like I said before, I don’t understand how someone can be a “republican” or a “democrat”. Does anyone agree with everything that the party stands for? If so, these people are brainless drones that will listen to any bullshit fed to them. Even politicians from each party swing side to side from time to time.

I am for woman’s choice. I am for gay marriages. Does that make me a liberal Democrat?

I am also for personal responsibility, so cut out welfare and social security benefits, cut out Medi-Cal and Medicare. Does that make me a conservative Republican?

I am for deportation of illegal immigrants; stop giving social benefits for illegal immigrants. Something that the Democrats has hinted at but Bush refused to do. Put the minutemen back to patrol the borders, those who were ordered to stand down by Bush.

I personally hate to have to push 1 for English because they added 2 for Spanish. People need to stop being catered to and learn the language. I learned it, as can they.

Yes, I voted for Bush, but I also voted for Gray Davis, Gavin Newsome, Cruz Bustamante and Bill Clinton. Where are the 1.3 million people who voted Gray Davis out and the 4.2 million people who voted for the Governator? California is still in the financial shithole, our schools are still ranked at the bottom and blackouts are just as likely to happen as it was two years ago.

I am just sick of this “blame the Bush administration” mentality. Hurricane Katrina: Bush hates black people. Iraq War: Bush this, Bush that. Huge gap between party lines: the Republican’s fault. I am surprised that they haven’t blame the administration for the resignation of O’Connor and death of Rehnquist.

Can anyone honestly sit there and tell me that Hurricane Katrina would have been handled any differently if John Kerry is in office? As I understand, the way our country is set up, the City is to respond to a problem, then the State, then the Federal government. Living in the generation we live in, people expect things to happen overnight. It’s been 4 years since 9/11 and the World Trade Center hasn’t even begun to rebuild. How long do you think it would take for 90 thousand square miles of coastal region to recover? Much longer than any of the Louisianians or criticizers would expect…

The Media is infamous for doing this, they show the people dying, the people crying for help, but they are so to show the relief efforts. They show the troops killing and be killed, but doesn’t show the restoration efforts. They show the Iraqis protesting the presence but refuse to show the Iraqis cheering for the same reason.

With all that said, voting for someone is a lot like dating someone. You learn little tidbits as you go and decided to make that commitment. Sometime you make the right decision and you live happily ever after (at least until their term is over). Sometimes you make the wrong decision and ends up wasting years of your life.

You know, countless billions are used every 4 years for campaign financing… don’t you think that money would be better use elsewhere? Just food for thought.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shananigans said...

Thank for posting this. If my brain weren’t numb from a crushing week at work I would come up with a better response, but I’ll just say I hear where you’re coming from. I personally am so fed up with everything in politics that I just find it easier to be shallow and poke fun at the obvious targets. Call that what you will. I have to go out and have “fun” now because it is my friend’s birthday, but I really want to go home and sleeeeeeep…

5:17 PM, September 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home