Friday, July 01, 2005

In a slump...

As I mentioned in my last post, it has been one of those weeks. I go through these periods of time where I just don’t feel like doing anything, I just want to crawl into bed, curl up into a ball and hibernate. My body is tired, my mind is sluggish and my temperament is just foul. I literally have to force myself to get out of bed, go through the motions and get to work and pretend to be productive.

I think some of it has to do with motivation. I found that in those periods, I feel unappreciated. I feel the monotony set in and often question if it is all worth it. I come home from work to see the mess that is waiting for me to clean and the dire repairs that are needed to be work on. But all of which requires three things I just don’t have, money, time and energy (Yes, my laziness here play a big role on why the house is always a mess).

I am somewhat looking forward to this weekend. My wife and I got a new bed and it will (keeping fingers crossed) be delivered this weekend.. We decided to indulge ourselves by purchasing a more expensive bed, mainly for health purposes and because 90% of the time I spend in the house is on the bed. There will be a barbeque at my wife’s uncle’s house. I don’t really fit in with her side of the family, but I enjoy being at most parties because the men are super hilarious when they are drunk, and at least a couple of them get drunk every gathering. Finally, I am getting some much-needed sleep (on the new bed). Maybe I will finish my book, The Second Summer of the Sisterhood. (I don’t even want to hear about it, I read the first one and it was… interesting).

On the side note, I brought some tickets to a Giants vs Dodgers game. I purchases it through a ticket-resell program on the San Francisco Giants website. Two years ago, as a birthday present, she brought a pair of tickets to a Giants vs Dodgers game. Well, the strangest thing happened. The two sets of tickets are identical. Same section, same row, same seats... I had NO idea until she pointed it out... What the chance of THAT happening?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bawahahahahahaha..... Second Summer of the Sisterhood. You... sissy!

I completely understand your post man. Couldn't have said it any better. Blind faith. You just gotta have it to feel... somewhat alive.

You can do eet!!!

9:35 AM, July 01, 2005  
Blogger ramblin' girl said...

ticket thing's bizarre.
hope the weekend is better than your week.
happy 4th.

12:27 PM, July 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home