Friday, September 23, 2005

Dodgers vs Giants

It’s America’s favorite pastime.

Maybe it’s the smell of the manicured grass or the soft gentle breeze across the ballpark.

Or maybe it’s the simplicity of the game or the suspense that a looming fly ball seems to hang in the air f-o-r-e-v-e-r.

Or maybe it’s just being amongst 40 thousand other people; some loud, some rude, some are kids who loves every minute of being there, and some who are just kids at heart.

The teams that were playing have been rivals for as long anyone could remember. And if I am not mistaken, this rivalry is second only to the one between the Yankees and Red Sox. But this rivalry runs so deep that it traveled when both of the teams moved… across the United States, some 3000 plus miles. Now, that’s a grudge…

I am referring to the Dodgers and the Giants. And I was lucky enough to get a pair of tickets, for my wife and I. As fate would have it, we got the same exact seats we had 2 years ago, but we got the tickets from a different source this time around. Life’s funny that way.

My back gave out while I was at my Blue Collar Job, but I didn’t want to miss this game… I could not miss this game… It was fate, after all.

We parked half way across town, and took to bus to the game. It’s easier than to park at the stadium and wait for the hour-long line to get out. I was starving when I got to the stadium, but that was quick squashed by an Italian sausage, garlic fries, large soda, peanuts and a churro.

I enjoyed the game, Dodger won (yah) and Balco’s favorite customer didn’t get a single hit. I was extremely civil this time around, barely making a peep, and just occasional golf claps. My back was hurting and my wife really hates it when I make a spectacle of myself. I don’t do it just mildly either, I usually talk some MAJOR SHIT. After all, it’s me against 40 thousand other Giants loving fans.

Afterwards, we took to bus back to where we parked. There was a bunch of younger fans that were screaming and yelling. The screaming and yelling turned into berating comments toward Dodger fans. Oh yeah… how I miss the nightlife.

Side note: As fate would have it, the Dodgers lost the next 3 games against the Giants… After all, life is funny that way.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Giants!

12:08 PM, September 23, 2005  
Blogger Aarwenn said...

Garlic Fries!! WOO!!!

10:42 PM, September 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home