Tuesday, September 27, 2005

No Way Jose

“President Bush on Monday urged Americans to drive less and embrace conservation more…”

“We can all pitch in… by being conservers of energy”

No offence, Mr. President, you can kiss my ass!

In order for my wife to get to her job and for me to get to my 2 jobs, we would have to pay 6 tolls. That’s 3 dollars for the two of us in the morning, 3 dollars for the two of us in the evening, and 3 dollars round trip to and from my Blue Collar Job.

That’s 9 bucks a day X 5 days = 45 dollars a week.

And if I wanted to go grocery shopping? If I needed that something something from Target? Or if I want to take my wife out shopping? More money for public transit..

I spend $30 bucks a week now on gas. So I would actually be SAVING money if I drove.

It takes me 30 minutes to drive to my White Collar Job and 20 minutes to get to my Blue Collar Job. How much longer would it take for me to get to work if I was to take public transportation?

Extra 30 minutes each way? So I would lose 2 hours of my day?

Not to mention I get off of work at BCJ at 3 in the morning, do you have any idea how often the bus runs at that hour?

No, I think I am going to keep driving my compact 26-mpg vehicle. Point your finger elsewhere, start with the fucker who drives the H2, the Excursions and the Denali. (11-mpg, 13-mpg and 13-mpg respectively)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

In other news, Cindy Sheehan was arrested. Good, lock her up and throw away the key. She is a disgrace to everything the men and women who has ever served, fought and died for the country. She is doing an injustice to what her son believed in. She is using the pretence of a mother’s grieve, for a politically driven agenda, fueled by left wing groups who is yanking her like a puppet. Enjoy the fame while it last; it will not be long before they toss you aside for the new figurehead of the month.

This is the same Cindy Sheehan who believe that "If George Bush truly listened to God and read the words of the Christ, Iraq and the devastation in New Orleans would have never happened" (here in her own words). So let me get this straight.. if Bush read the Bible, the hurricane would have never stuck us? So how do you explain Hurricane Andrew, Hugo and Camille?

Please note, her son, Casey VOLUNTARY joined the military. VOLUNTARY re-enlist. VOLUNTARY DENIED his mother’s cowardly urge to move to Canada. He knew the risk when he joined. He knew the risk when he went to Iraq. Casey was killed in combat on April 4th. Cindy Sheehan wanted to know why. Bush’s response was that her son had died helping to protect American freedom by fighting those who would seek to harm us in Iraq so that we would not have to fight them in America.

Let me paraphrase that in a term that you can understand, Cindy. Your son died so that bitch asses like you can voice your opinion, without getting shot down by a suppressive government. Try that in China, North Korean, and Vietnam. Try that shit in Russia, Iraq, Iran or Africa.

Your son, amongst the numerous who had died over time, so that we can live our life the way we want. Be it staying at home, living off the welfare system. Or going to work to provide for the family. Or starting that company that will one day rival Microsoft. These are all made possible by people who made the ultimate sacrifice…

3 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth Spraitz said...

i can take the bus to UCI for free cuz i'm a super awesome student... and i only live 3 miles away, but i would rather ride my bicycle. but now that i've paid $132 for a goddamn 3 month parking pass, I'M DRIVING MY ASS TO SCHOOL.

i wish the president would take his own advice. how much fuel does his HUGE ASS PLANE consume for all of his visits everywhere to talk out of his ass? how much fuel does it take to drive his entourage around whenever he goes anywhere? tell the president to stay at home and stop traveling and i'm sure our consumption will lessen tremendously...

and DOOD wait till they raise the tolls again... i hated driving into the city. $3 ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? My sister takes the ferry and rides her bicycle to the city every day to work... much better idea.

12:36 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Beans said...

Thats why I take the bus.
Except yesterday there was this old man that was picking his nose.

1:39 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Shananigans said...

This man makes his message of the day out of whatever political agenda is in his interest (or in the interest of the puppeteers that pull his strings). I can almost guarantee there will be no long term follow-up or action taken to actually solve the impending energy crisis (yes, the one the Ari Fleischer told everyone the President does not believe exists back in his first term) I have the same problem you do Leah. Bussing to my job 10 miles away would also take nearly 2 hours. I checked on the website. When I lived in DC and taking the train was convenient I did take it and I loved it. I hate driving. Maybe we should invest in some infrastructure for affordable public transportation that people can actually use in our major cities and get some fuel efficiency standards for the auto industry and actually enforce them. This will probably not ever happen though, for obvious reasons *sigh*.

BTW I tagged you TWAM.

5:01 PM, September 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home