Thursday, September 29, 2005

I *A*M* old =(

It’s funny, just yesterday I saw this post from GlitterGlamGirl05. And today I turn 30. Life is weird…

I don’t feel any different. My body still aches from the excessiveness of work and my mind is still tired from the lack of sleep. Just like every other day… what else is new?

What is a birthday anyways? Why do we celebrate it? Are we truly getting wiser with age? Shouldn’t something magical happen to us on our special day?

I guess we are celebrating because we survive another rotation in this nightmarish clump of rock we call Earth.

But then again, aren’t we just celebrating the fact that we are another year closer to our certain death? And to the inevitable ailments that plagues us in our old age?

Maybe it’s just my pessimist side speaking.

I am soooo going to turn into a grumpy old man.

I remember when I was young; I would look forward to my birthday. My family was never really into presents. Christmas or birthday otherwise. But it was my day.

I would go to school and couldn’t wait to tell my friends that it was my birthday. Then regret telling them because of the “birthday beats”.

Now it’s just another day…

I remember that when I was in my early teens, I couldn’t wait till I was 18.

When I turned 18, I couldn’t wait till I was 21.

When I turned 21, I started to realize…

It’s just another day…

And now that I turned 30, I would give up almost anything to go back to my early teens, with all the knowledge I possess now, of course, of course.

Anyways, I will remember 2 things, on my 30th birthday:

It will be the day that John Roberts gets confirmed as Chief Justice. And he will probably be the Chief Justice until I am 60!

Johnny Moseley is setting up a ski jump in the middle of San Francisco! In the middle of summer! How fuckin’ cool is that? (He’s 30 too). He orginially wanted to do it on his birthday. But being the cool guy that I am.. he set it up on my birthday instead.

5 Comments:

Blogger Shananigans said...

Happy Birthday! You’re not old, you’re aged to perfection…like wine, or cheese :)

I like to think of birthdays as an excuse to party it up any way you see fit and no one can tell you otherwise because it’s your day. Everyone deserves a day where friends and family focus extra hard on making you happy and telling you just how awesome you are. That’s what I think anyway.

10:29 AM, September 29, 2005  
Blogger ramblin' girl said...

Johnny is AWESOME... ski jump in San Fran? cool!!

wait, I actually had something to say before you mentioned hot Johnny and made me all confused... now what was it...

oh, yeah...


HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

30's great! And for me they all keep getting better!

Enjoy YOUR day!

3:12 PM, September 29, 2005  
Blogger The World Against Me said...

It’s funny how you mentioned Johnny. I used to work for a fairly small shoe company that could have made it big, riding on Johnny’s Olympic win. Before he had his breakout year (1998?) he was cash strapped and needed a sponsor. Apparently the owner of the business met him in some kind of social event. And upon hearing that he needed a sponsor, told the office manager to send him a check and whatever gears he needed. Well the dimwit never did. Needless to say, Moseley went on to win the Gold, started his own clothing line, blah blah blah. Shows you what should have, could have, didn’t..



Moseley is bank now.. and the company I worked for?

They went under a couple of years ago..

4:29 PM, September 29, 2005  
Blogger Beans said...

Yo fool todays my birthday too.
For real.
Woah thats weird.
Well yeah youre awesome and I wish you the happiest birthday in the world!

7:21 AM, September 30, 2005  
Blogger Elizabeth Spraitz said...

happy belated!! if i was near a computer at all yesterday, you would have received birthday wishess on the appropriate day...

it's the thought that counts, right? :)

7:34 AM, September 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home