Friday, October 21, 2005

I ain't doing shit today!

I am refusing to do any work today… I am NOT going to be productive in any sort of way! With the exception of breathing, feeding my belly, surfing the Internet and of course, blogging.

Let me tell you what lead to this “I give up (for today) attitude.”

I have been working on a special project at my WCJ, one that took me a few weeks to finish… finish being a subjective word.

After I thought I was finish, my boss and I met the group of people who we are doing this project for… the meeting went well, the response from them were favorable and my boss is pleased… or so I thought.

My boss tells me afterwards… “It was a good starting point” but “let’s change the looks of it.”… oooo kkkk…

It took me a few days to get several templates and a few color schemes all worked up, and submitted to her for approval. She picked one. It took me a week to transfer majority of the data to the new template, she want to check up on my progress…

Good thing too… cause now my boss tells me how “she doesn’t like the color in the template and that it’s too “square”.” (Remember, this was the template and color scheme she chose!)

“Can you make a new template?”… Sure I can, and I did. And she “loves” it.

“Can we immediately transfer all the data onto the new template?” Sure…

“How long will it take?” A few of weeks, the new template is a bit more involving, all the codes will have to be …

“You have until next Thursday, that’s the day we have to present it to everyone.” But…

So I worked all of last week, hammering the keys on my keyboard like a crazed maniac, going home with strains in my eyes. I come back and started working on it again like a zombie on speed. I was unstoppable… I am king of the Wor…

A representative from our clients meet with me on Wednesday, 1 day before D-day and tells me they reviewed what we have so far and wanted things changed. Move this here to over there, that to here, cut this out and add that in.

Couldn’t you have told me earlier? Fuckin’ Cow.

When did you find out, Miss representative from our clients? Last Thursday…

Great, and you waited until now cause you think I needed another challenge?
So challenge is what I saw it as, I abandoned what little social interaction I have with my officemates… anything fun like goofing off or surfing the web… I was once again Crazed Maniac Zombie on Crack TM… I must have clocked 140 wpm on a 75 wpm keyboard…

But I finished the project; 2 minutes AFTER we were suppose to meet with our clients.

But it’s done…

So stick a fork in me cause I am done… and I aren’t doing shit today.

5 Comments:

Blogger Shananigans said...

Good for you! Don’t you hate it when people wait till the last possible second to tell you something? And expect it to be done just like that? Idiots. You’ve officially had a much worse work week than me, and I’m still doing minimal today in protest of this week Mon-Thurs. Have a great weekend!

12:54 PM, October 21, 2005  
Blogger The World Against Me said...

We have talk like a pirate days and thank your administion assistance day.. let's have a "I aren't doing shit day", a professional "senior-sneak" if you will, who's with me?!

1:44 PM, October 21, 2005  
Blogger Elizabeth Spraitz said...

i think you rule & i appreciate your work even though you aren't doing it for me.

f everyone at work. i say we quit.

7:24 AM, October 22, 2005  
Blogger Aarwenn said...

Good job on getting the work done! At least it's done!

Rest, you deserve it.

12:18 PM, October 24, 2005  
Blogger Beans said...

A well deserved break dude.
Chill out and eat hot dogs and ice cream, although not together...
I wish I could stay home today. I have a speech due and im oh so unprepared...

8:14 AM, October 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home