Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Trust...

I think I have trust issues…

I am working on it… with my friends, with my family and with my two jobs.

Part of the problem is that I think I am the only person that can do certain things, and have it turn out the way I want it to. Some may say that is because I am a control freak. Perhaps I am…

In my WCJ, I have an assistant and a “co-worker” who shares the same title as me. The assistant is great, she quickly adapted to her duties and has become and valuable part of this office. But she has made mistakes in the past. But who hasn’t? We are human, after all.

My “co-worker-who-shares-the-same-title-as-me-but-gets-pay-more-than-me-cause-she-has-been-around-longer-gawd-how-I-hate-Union-Jobs-sometimes” on the other hand does the bare minimum. Which, believe me, is being generous. She is supposed to learn my job duties. For two purposes, 1) so that we can tackle and manage the overwhelming workload that is before us, and once we get it down to a manageable size 2) reassign me to something else more challenging (I have been told by my manager and I hope she is not yanking my chains).

Well, my co-worker is super resistant at learning the new duties… and she will give you her standard response to any duty:

She will argue with you and then proceed to do what she wants, the way she wants.

Or she will argue with you, questioning things every step of the way,

Or she will badger you with questions, then act as if she has never done anything before and ask for confirmation, on everything

Needless to say, she drives me nuts.

We have a very causal working environment that allows us to bullshit around and still get (a majority of) our work done. One time while we were BSing about age and stuff, we asked her how old she was. Now I know the whole thing about asking female and their age and such (WHAT *IS* up with that anyways?)… but during this conversation, there were 4 other females present. And they were the one ask her the question. She just sat there; not saying anything. But her facial express is apparent and the steam coming out of her head was hot enough to boil water. It was then she turned and glared at us as if we are gossiping about her husband who can’t get it up.

I don’t know if the term glare is correct, it was more like “Staring hard”, “Dogging”, “Mean Mugging”.

Look bitch, if it wasn’t work and if I was half the ass I used to be 10 years ago, I would have slapped you silly and gouge your eyes out. You unsocial fuck.

Ahhh… I have stray far from my intro… trust…

I guess I don’t trust that bitch…or my manager…

Recently, my manager gave me this special assignment. Deadline is coming up on Thursday. No biggie, it’s just to present the idea to the people in charge. Think in terms of outline to a story, or premise of a movie. So we spoke briefly yesterday and told her, not to worry.

“Everything will be fine, trust me.” I assured her

She wanted to meet today and tomorrow and right before the real meeting with people in charge. I told her it would be a waste of time.

“Everything will be fine, trust me.” I assured her

Yesterday, she said ok, and that we will just meet on Wednesday.

Today she comes up and says that we should just meet today briefly, to touch base with each other.

Look bitch, fuck your managerial school taught terms, touch base my ass. Just say you don’t trust me and you want to check up on my progress…

Maybe, just maybe, I am not the one with the trust issue…

1 Comments:

Blogger Shananigans said...

I’ve worked with my fair share of dysfunctional assholes, and I do not envy your position. Doesn’t it suck that some people get more money just ‘cause they stuck around, not because they actually, you know, do anything? It’s not just union either, payroll discrepancies abound in all workplaces. I need a vacation…if only I had the vacation days and $. *sigh*

4:36 PM, October 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home